Chestnutter

Once a chestnutter, always a chestnutter.. Back to good old days~ ^_^

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

School

Beginning of last week, when I tried to access the lab as usual, i found out that i couldn't get in! The access zone flashed "Access Denied, Card Expired" -.-" *sweat* OK... So I assume that everyone else from NOC would experience this too? How come there was no official notice to remind people who extend to get their matric cards fixed? And more importantly, why didn't I think that the school wouldn't be smart enough to come up with a system where the card would not expire so long as the student has not filed for graduation and is still studying? Damn.. I thought of them too highly lol.. I had to comb through the nus website only to find that I needed to get my card "repersonalized". The instructions given was highly confusing, but I figured that I should drop by at the registrar's office.. When I went there, the receptionist helped to forward a call to the person in charge where i told him about my situation. He took my matric card no. and asked me to wait for his email containing the access code which I would need when I go down to the smart card center to get my card fixed. Sounds great! I thanked him and left.. Then it was a week with no reply...

This whole week have been torturous for me.. Everytime need to bug my junior and ask him when he will be coming to lab.. But the thing was.. he was really hard to contact.. I almost freaked out a couple of times thinking I gonna screw my months of hard work cos i couldn't get back in time to my precious cells.. Then there's the pestering of everyone in lab to open the doors for me everytime and the fact that I can't leave the lab if i want to go to the loo.. what to do? control lor.. dun drink water lor.. poor me right? =X

Got so pissed, emailed him again and waited for his reply.. waited some time no reply? called up YIH student service center for help.. Told them what happened and they said they will call him and then call me back again.. Wow, 10 mins later i got my code... So it would have only taken 10mins to process the stupid thing... and their incompetency caused me a week of misery... T_T

************

What a small world.. I read the Sunday Life a couple of days ago and saw this article on the young entrepreneurs.. and one of them was a boss of Timbre, where I just went with weijia and adrian the other day.. GUESS what? That guy was none other than EDWARD CHIA, a classmate of mine from NJ rofl.. so shocked!! ok.. mebbe this gives me more reason to pop by at Timbre next time.. but must bug Edward to give me discount muahahaha..

First class on the first day of school was a demoralization for the rest of the semester.. The lecturer turned up seemingly unprepared, reading everything from the slides.. and the most interesting thing was that I couldn't understand a word he says!! Partly his extremely strong accent, and partly because he was unprepared, always fumbling at many words that he couldn't pronounce =X cross my fingers and hope that he would come prepared for class next time and that I'll get used to his accent! haha.. anyway, both my classes were only 20mins.. lol..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home