Chestnutter

Once a chestnutter, always a chestnutter.. Back to good old days~ ^_^

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

yeah! no screw ups!! :P

when my bf just arrived, i was so kan chiong that i couldn't cook a proper meal for him.. but these few days my bf had been eating great food! =p on friday, which was my turn to cook, i made normal ground beef, but i made a special potato dumpling dish.. i didn't make the dumpling, but i was happy that i was able to cook until the frozen dumpling had a nice brown crispy crust~ yum! then on sat, i cooked bak kut teh for the house.. actually i wanted to cook bak kut teh on friday 1, but deliang couldn't make it back home for dinner so wanted me to cook on sat instead. he's been real busy nowadays since "someone" left.. he seldom participates in any house activities liao.. always "busy" in his room :( no more roadtrips also ler T.T haiz.. the power of love to motivate things to do :/

ooo damn.. strayed from topic XD
anyway, i cooked bak kut teh on sat night, last min cooking cos everyone was undecided whether they wanted to eat at home or something.. so in the end, i cooked the soup with frozen spare ribs.. lucky i got skill, and my bak kut teh still turned out fantastic! lol...

sat noon, the guys wanted to watch world cup, so i brought my darling to the african restaurant opposite our house to eat. oooo, the food is great!! i ordered this stewed lamb which was damn nice lar! the meat was deeply marinated and extremely tender! *SLURP!* my bf loved my lamb dish too! :P i think we'll go visit that place to eat again hehe~

on sunday, pacey, deliang, me and bf went to the arts museum. six flags trip was cancelled cos deliang and pacey pang seh me T.T but the museum was nice. glad that at least deliang gave face and joined us =p we thought that pacey would take the longest to finish the museum, but ended up he finished first! haha.. me and my bf finished less than half the museum! >.< then after that we all went to niki's house for dinner. niki was very hospitable and made char kuey tiao for us! yummy~ ^_^
PS niki: ur bf will love ur cooking!! =D

for today, i also swapped cooking duties with deliang because i feel like using up the mushroom in the fridge to cook mushroom alfredo pasta! ^_^ i've been buying a lot of mushroom from frogo recently because it's on sale!! $1.29 per pack, much cheaper than the usual $4/pac. this is a simple dish, won't screw up la huh? think my dear will like this too! =D

this week i think everyone has become super lazy~ or super busy.. everyone is doing their own things, like no more cosy house gatherings ler.. T.T because last week most of the guys went for the poconos trip, we didn't go for our weekly grocery shopping, then end up me and my bf going to frogo everyday to stock up the house.. we went to chinatown to buy rice and sauses as well >.< my poor darling.. carry most of the stuff~ then back at home, no 1 bothers to boil water to drink anymore~ no 1 bothers to throw trash anymore~ i've been doing housework everyday when i come home >.< then my bf commented that i'm like my housemate's mummy, fussy around everyone.. (i've been calling everyone if they needed me to help them buy whatever meat they want to cook or if they need me to help them thaw the meats) and i thought to myself: omg.. i'm so auntie T.T cannot cannot!! i shall stay in office and do more work! =p

2 Comments:

  • At 8:02 PM, Blogger PalliativeDrug said…

    WAH! my brother also told me abt the Bak Ku Teh leh... he said very delicious!! And why are you doing all the housework??? the guys taking advantage is it... draw up a roster and make everyone do it! hahahaa...

     
  • At 10:52 PM, Blogger Pinkie said…

    cos i come home earliest mah~ so i do lor.. it's not that the guys wan bully me, just that they're naturally untidy so they dun mind dirty house haha.. i girl cannot stand of cos go clean up lor :/

     

Post a Comment

<< Home