Chestnutter

Once a chestnutter, always a chestnutter.. Back to good old days~ ^_^

Monday, January 01, 2007

Back to good old days~

I'm back in Singapore.. It feels weird.. Everything seems so perfectly same and familiar yet it all seems so new to me at the same time. I feel like I had never left Singapore.. The aunties chit chattering on the streets, the young punks talking singlish on the mrt (and nowadays with very hip clothings n hairstyles tsk tsk..). And the year in America seems just like a beautiful dream.. But all in all, it feels great to be home again. I didn't think that i would be one who would be homesick, but i am.. i miss everyone.. family, boyfriend, friends, relatives, singapore..

hmm.. so sentimental lol.. okok.. i miss FOOD!! haha.. i've been eyeing all the local delights for so long! and i'm blessed to have my boyfriend who had brought me around this tiny city state these couple of days to eat all the incredible food, and shoppings in between hee~ everyone thinks i'm weird.. singaporean taking pictures of normal dishes.. haha.. can't help it.. i miss all the yummy delicious food haa~

ok, let's start with food delights with my family ^_^


DURIAN~ mmmmmmmmm....

my bro brought me and my mum to jalan kayu to eat their famous roti prata and soup kumbeng (mutton soup) immediately after alighting the flight for supper. my beloved mum then brought me to crystal jade to eat the same day for lunch.. had dim sum and other nice roast pork etc dishes! then for dinner, we went to chua chu kang to eat the famous five spice bee hoon (wu3 xiang1 mee2 fen3) yum yum!! then my mum so wanted to buy me durain to eat (she knows it's my favourite fruit haha), and she saw it! a durian store just beside the kopitiam where we were eating the bee hoon haha.. my mum's experience with dealing with the seller got us the best durians he had! yay yay!! =D

home cooked fried bee hoon~

my mum's fried bee hoon is so good it makes me wanna cry.. it's really the best bee hoon u can get in the world.. seriously..

home cooked fried beancurd~

nothing really special, but i love it hee~ it's only home that i can get all the soy milk, yoghurt drinks, yakult, xiao mai cao drinks and wide variety of fruit juices i love.. only drank orange juice in the states haha..

ok, moving on to the great food i had with my darling =p

steamboat bak chor mee!! wohoo~~

kinda kewl.. a delicious bak chor mee with steamboat.. yum yum!! had laksa and char kway tiao with dear too hee~

hot plate beancurd~

black pepper crab! ooooooo~

the crab is simply so delicious! it was extremely fresh. we could choose the crab we wanted and the meat was just so succulent~ mmmmmmm... pic not clear cos tok with hp cam haha..

i had a fantastic time back home these couple of days. thanks everyone =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home