Chestnutter

Once a chestnutter, always a chestnutter.. Back to good old days~ ^_^

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Back to my tiny world~

At the beginning of the year 2007, I organised a gathering with my chestnutties housemates to celebrate our 1 year anniversary: 6th Jan, the day we arrived in Philadelphia, USA and embarked on a 1 year journey together just last year for NOC. The people who turned up were the usual gang of close chestnutties pals: Weijia, Adrian, Pacey and Law. My darling Alvin went with me too! ^_^ It was a new kind of roadtrip: a SG food hunt! =p Our anniversary also turned up to be Law's birthday, so weijia bought a cake to celebrate with him as well hehe..

Our first stop was at Bukit Timah Market
singing bdae song to lawly pop

I wonder wad law is wishing for his bdae lol..

Buying carrot cake from the famous store!! ^_^

After our brunch, we headed to Venezia at 6th Ave for some fat-free gelato! Our famous hangouts!! (for those from HCJC and NJC! =p) We enjoyed the yummy ice-cream and spent some great time talking cock haha..

Next stop at Venezia, 6th Ave.



Still later, we went to Adrian's house to play bridge as well as "deal or no deal" haha.. had some fun poking fun of each other lol... Dinner we had some delicious claypot rice and otah, yummy!! ^_^

sexiest man alive with top model hehe~

dear u eating otah or me? o.O

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to school, back to my old life, but with a new twist! :D I have been seeing so many familiar faces since I came back, so many "I haven't seen you for so long!!" exclaimation from all my friends haha.. but there are also so many missing faces too! only about 40% of my cohort went on to honours year, quite a large group, but nevertheless, much less people around nowadays.. Met a few in school only to find out that they had already graduated >.<

But i guess the most interesting thing that happened these few days were the number of coincidences that i've gotten!! first of all, i had only planned to take my remaining modules with weijia, but due to NUS's inefficiency, weijia couldn't get the modules that we had originally discussed to take together T_T but instead, i ended up taking the same modules as Phebe and Shamir!! haha.. now we're taking all our classes together!! :D

while i was talking to weijia during the gathering, i found out that my honour's professor is actually weijia's family friend!! ooooo.. her dad and my prof were JC friends! hahaha.. small world.. and when i went to lab, i found out that Ziliang (the guy who passed weijia his phone for her to use when he left) was working in the same lab as me under the same prof!!! wahahahahahaha.... i can't believe it!! =p

but i guess the most unbelievably amazing thing was when i bumped into peiling 1 day... at PGP... Peiling is my NOC senior buddy, and now.. she is my NEIGHBOUR! hehehe~~ PGP so big got so many blocks, but not only were we on the same block, we're also staying on the same level a couple of doors away!!! haha.. now i got someone to go ba1 gua4 with when i'm bored hehe XD

Now that school has started, it has really been a crazily busy time for me.. FYP is really crazy, I've been running to and fro the lab everyday! >.< spending so much traveling time when all i'm doing is circling this tiny NUS haha.. but the interesting part about dinner is that everyday when i enter the canteen, the juniors would walk up to me and say: "can join pageant please? you're very pretty!!" ROFL!!! mebbe it was the great weather in Philly plus my happiness as I'm blessed to spend my time with my chestnutties last year, and now to be back by my darling's side ^_^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home