Chestnutter

Once a chestnutter, always a chestnutter.. Back to good old days~ ^_^

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

On TV!!

these couple of weeks i've been so caught up with my lab stuff.. growing cells is not a joke.. it's like having ur own kids.. you need commitment in order to let them grow up healthily.. if not just make sure they dun die haha.. anyway.. i'm so frustrated with lab!! argh.. my project requires me to culture my cells for 14 days before i can start working on them.. and during this 14days, i need to come back every alternate day to bathe them and feed them.. it's really tedious.. my cells are supposed to stick to the flask that i grow them in.. but i think there's some mental problem with these cells of mine.. they just dun hang on and stick properly to the wall of the container!! in the end, everytime i wash them, i tend not only to wash the gunk off them, but flush them off as well!!! zzz... it's like instead of washing dirt off you when you bathe, you yourself gets flushed down the drain lol.. so end up i keep getting less and less cell samples that i can use for my experiment! and now i need to waste another 2 weeks to get another batch so that i can start on my experiment proper.. it's soooo time consuming and tedious!! urgh..

anyway, just yesterday i was working in lab in the morning when some reporters came in to interview my prof.. it was 11am and i was rushing my experiment like mad cos i had a class at 12 noon.. in the middle of my experiment, after they finished interviewing my prof, my prof came to me and asked me for help.. he wanted me to take a scene with him supervising me on my research.. as i was spinning down my cell culture in the centrifuge, i had nothing else to do except perhaps wait for it to be done b4 i can continue on my work.. so i decided to do some bacteria sub-culturing instead for the scene. i went to the fridge to get some E. coli plates and they filmed me plating the E. coli onto new plates which were also fresh out from the fridge. usually i would need to warm and dry the plates in the warm room b4 i do streaking of bacteria, but i streaked them on the new plates just for TV sake haha..

as it was 11.30am and i had a whole lot more to do, my mind was pretty distracted that i was gonna be real late for class and that i couldn't leave the experiment halfway and come back to work on them later.. as a result, while they were filming me i think i was pretty much frowning and stoned at the same time ahahahahaha... on top of that, because i was so distracted, i didn't realise that they were filming me in different takes, so i just continued streaking although they weren't filming.. by the time they started filming again, i had already finished streaking and was labeling the petri dishes.. and because the petri dishes were cold from the fridge, there was so much condensation that i couldn't label the plates properly and they filmed me trying desperately to wipe off the water from the plate and label.. i bet they are gonna cut off that part =X

In the end.. i couldn't finish my experiment on time and i was so late for class i decided to skip it so as not to alert my prof that i was late and get marked down for participating lol.. USP classes are seminar style so if someone suddenly appears, the lecturer would surely notice me haha.. AND.. mind you.. this is the FIRST TIME that i skipped class k? and i kinda feel uneasy cos this was the last class for the semester and it was kinda a pretty important class as they most prob would round up the whole module and perhaps even give tips on the final exam >.< sianz...

Nonetheless.. I'm gonna be on TV!! wohoo!! it will be the chinese documentary "qian2 xian4 zui1 zhong1" this friday 8.30pm on channel 8! ^_^ my scene is already so short.. i think even if i appear will also be less than a minute lol.. oh well..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home